You can bake this a bit before serving or leave it extra creamy and serve without baking! If you want to be creative, add bacon, crab, lobster...
• 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
• 1/2 stuck butter, cut into pieces
• 3 cups grated sharp Cheddar cheese
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed Cheddar cheese soup
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 3/4 cup whole milk
• 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Boil the macaroni in a 2 quart saucepan in plenty of water until tender, about 7 minutes. Drain. In a medium saucepan, mix butter and cheese. Stir until the cheese melts. Combine cheese/butter mixture and add the sour cream, soup, salt, milk, mustard and pepper and stir well. Then add drained macaroni and stir again. Bake for 10-20 minutes until bubbly.