Sunday, October 4, 2009

Quick Cook Meatloaf with Chipotle Ketchup

I developed this recipe after having a dish like this at Bizou in Cville. I loved it so much I just had to come home and create my own recipe so I could have it whenever I want!

1 c. plain dry bread crumbs
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp allspice
¼ c. milk
2 beaten eggs
1 lg. chopped onion
1 tbs. Worcestershire sauce
2 tbs. ketchup
Handful chopped parsley
2 lb. ground chuck or meatloaf mix

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put dry ingredients in bowl and mix-add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Form into 2 logs. Wrap in heavy duty foil, which has been sprayed w/PAM. Place on baking sheet and bake for 45 min-check temp. Serve with a dollop of chipotle ketchup.

Chipotle Ketchup
1 ½ c. ketchup
2 ½ diced chipotle chilies (from canned chilies in adobo)
2 tsp. of adobo sauce from the above can
Juice of two limes
1 ½ tsp. cumin
1 ½ tbs. tequila

Stir over low heat for 5 minutes. Chill. Serve with meatloaf or sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment